Monday, January 23, 2012

Morning Ride to School

I love the rides to school in the mornings :)  Sometimes they are quiet.  Sometimes they are hurried and stressed (thankful that these are now infrequent) Sometimes they are pure GEMS <3
This morning's ride started with the call of "ShotGun" This competition to win first dibs on the best seat. Depending on weather the preferred spot may be the back seat which is the warmest.  I do not usually  uphold this "call" due to what is perceived as unfair,  I implemented a rotation basis.  I am always finding new situations to counter the perception.......any way back to why it was a GEM.

My son takes a moment from being engrossed in his ipod game, looks up and asks "Mom, do you think when I grow up I will be a good video game programmer? You know, one that comes up with the games?"  My reaction instinctively was to encourage him to be something other than video games.  However, I stopped.  I changed my perspective and replied with an matter of fact YES.   I asked him to tell me more. He continued with "Did I ever tell you about the video game idea that is christian based."
"No" I replied.
"Ask Joe the next time you see him" says my son and returns to playing his game while he nonchalantly informs me that  Joe (Youth leader) thought it was a good idea and the Speaker at the Winter Youth Retreat thought it was a good idea.
"WHAT!" :/ " Tell me Tell me Tell me"  (My son ..... the inventor :)
So I listened as he described how this game would be based on the Bible.  You'd be able to choose characters of the Bible or develop your own.  They would have quests, buy verses as clues,  fight in battles  etc.  Rated T
I responded "well the Bible IS pretty intense and wow it could even be Rated M. or soften it up for Rated E. WOW.....that idea has HUGE potential!"

I did caution him that it would need be with the right motivations and.... wow... God could even bless it.

He replied.  "I don't need to get rich, but people can read the bible and play a video game"

My son is cool :D

No comments:

Post a Comment