Thursday, October 27, 2011

New Year's Reselution

As the end of this year approaches, I reflect on what I've accomplished.
Sound of air coming out of a tire comes to mind.
Such intentions, desires and a misplaced New Year's Res List.
HMMMM

As I stated in the previous post I have been scanning blogs.
I came across one that caught my attention. Subject matter: NYRL and how, at the end of the year feeling deflating because of the lack of hash marks on this most honored LIST. I have even gone to the extent of just not making any because I knew I would not keep them and at the end of the year feel deflated instead of energized for the next one.

Talk is cheep and I am living proof. I have talked and talked about accomplishing something and without the concentrated effort to basically change a life long habit failed to accomplish it.  In the past years my list of NYR have included: healing, organizing, losing weight, getting in shape, family,simplifying.  Normally all on one list. Kinda crazy...not simple, cluttered, and certainly not focused.

I plan on trying a different approach.

It takes intense physical and mental energy for one to seriously commit to accomplishing a goal. To think you can accomplish ALL of them...well that is only for comic books.

For a Marksman to hit the Target dead center takes extreme FOCUS, and commitment to accomplishing that goal.   Ever heard of Jack of all trades, Master of none.

Name your year. Focus on becoming a master.
Naming your year is only the the First Step.
How will you arrange or rearrange your schedule to accommodate the energy you must exert to accomplish your goal this year?  What will you give up?

Think about it. You have 2 months to decide. Make a list, narrow your focus and choose your target. Choose one and only ONE.  Be careful in choosing to broad of a target that the target is fuzzy.

Name YOUR year.

Mine is THE YEAR OF ...............


No comments:

Post a Comment