Monday, May 4, 2009

Our First Egg


My fiance has been saying our hens should be laying soon. So with anticipation rising each day, the kids and I take a peek to see if they have. Nope. Nope. Nope. Ugh, still no! We were beginning to think they would never lay. So M had a little chat with them Thurs. "Listen here ladies, you have three days to lay an egg or I will have one of you for dinner." I chuckled when he told me that. :)

As usual, after getting home from work, I checked the hens to see if they have enough food and water and peek inside the nest in hopes to see a little prize. OMGosh! AN EGG!! I couldn't believe it. I did a ultra mini happy dance (just in case someone was looking) then I thought, "no way this is a joke, its too big for a first egg" I go inside and accuse my niece of pranking me and she played clueless. I called my fiance, and HE played clueless. So COOL it was for real. I could not wait till my son got home so he could get it. Nice thing was, he was as excited as I was.

So Friday May 1, 2009 was the day we got our first egg. I am guessing they didn't want to be dinner :)
"Ah!" my sleuth of a son exclaimed, "a mystery. WHO, laid they egg?"

No comments:

Post a Comment