Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Old/New

So you CAN teach an old dog new tricks :)
So at this ole age of mine
(undisclosed)
I am learning to play the banjo.
Go figure.
Who woulda thunk it :)
Well it all started with my dear sweet Honey (Matt)
No, not the Matt in the photo...his name is Bass Matt
:) Bass Matt is the Bass player in the praise band at church.
Hence Bass Matt
Ok, so my Honey Matt :D is very musical
and has
proceeded to have everyone
in the family
learn to play an instrument.
We have discontinued TV until
everyone
can play 10 songs.
Sounds good, right?
Until I figured out I was part of that equation :)
HA
HA,HA
ME!?
I am so not coordinated, talented, inclined etc etc.
My step son chose the electric guitar (1 song)
My daughter chose keyboard and guitar
(she, the naturally gifted, has already written, played, sang and recorded a song)
My son :) the bowed psaltery (smart kid) (1 song)
I tried to get away with
the spoons or the jaw harp.
To no avail.
AAHH, alas
the
Banjo
(to date NO songs)
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment